[Faccus] SERVICE ALERT - 2015-06-01 Lync - One-Way Audio

Paul Dietrich p2dietrich at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jun 1 09:18:07 EDT 2015

Date: (YYYY-MM-DD)     2015-06-01

Start Time:              09:00

End Time:

Impact:           Voice calls with Lync are impacted

Resolution:

Submitted By: p2dietri at uwaterloo.ca

Comment:        ** UPDATE 9:17am: this appears to be related to the Avaya PBX work that was done on the weekend.  From Lync we are able to communicate properly with Avaya IP sets, but not digital/analog sets, or off campus.  We have raised an urgent escalation with the PBX vendor to help resolve this as soon as possible.

At this time we are experiencing one-way audio with all calls from Lync to the PBX (whether a call to an extension or off campus).  Lync users are not able to hear the caller, but the caller can hear us.  We will need to restart the media gateway that connects Lync to the PBX.  This will disconnect any currently connected calls.  The restart will take approximately 5 minutes.

Notice Submitted:    Mon Jun 1 9:18:07 EDT 2015

Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/UWNetworkAlert

Note:   If you have any questions or concerns please contact the IST Service Desk at ext: 44357 or helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca