[Faccus] WCMS maintenance - December 12

Heather Wey hawey at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Dec 12 14:56:21 EST 2014

What is happening? We will be clearing the Link checker cache on all WCMS sites.

Why is this happening? We have had reports that editing of some pages results in the page being simultaneously published (it shows that the moderation state is published) and unpublished (it has a pink background, and anonymous visitors see a “page not found” notice). Clearing the link checker cache resolves the issue that leads to this problem. If any pages are currently in this state, they will have to be republished after the link checker cache has been cleared.

When is this happening? Friday December 12 at 5:00 pm.

What is the impact to WCMS sites? WCMS sites will be available to site visitors and content maintainers can continue to work on their sites as usual during this maintenance.

After the upgrade: Broken links reports on sites will be empty until Link checker automatically scans the sites. We expect this will complete overnight.

Questions/concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk (CHIP), helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca> or ext 84357.

Recipients of this message:  uwweb, isthd, faccus, ist-staff, admin-support, MSC

Heather Wey
IST Communications
Information Systems & Technology