Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Nov 26 08:50:39 EST 2014

Topic:      Educause Conference Highlights
Date:       Friday November 28, 2014
Time:       9:00 am - 9:45 am
Room:       MC 2009
Speakers:   Andrea Chappell & Heather Wey, IST

The Educause<https://www.educause.edu/annual-conference/agenda-and-program/design-the-digital-future?utm_source=Informz&utm_medium=Email+marketing&utm_campaign=EDUCAUSE> Annual Conference was held in Orlando, Florida in October. Heather and Andrea brought back some highlights (but certainly not from the sun) to share. Some from Andrea's highlights include:

-                    Clayton Christensen's keynote on Disruptive Innovation and Higher Ed (or, What did DEC and Dell do that Waterloo can learn from?)
-                    We all learn about leadership, but maybe we should practice followership!
-                    Active Learning Classrooms ... what are they? Are they coming to a room near you?
-                    Learning analytics (and what data can't tell you).

Heather will talk about ...

-                    Digital badges to support professional development and career building.
-                    Metrics can inspire teams: who knew?
-                    IT communications
-                    Brief takeaways from other sessions attended.

This seminar will be webcasted/recorded.<http://juno.uwaterloo.ca/fridayist>  Please note that you can ask questions while watching the webcast (there is a link on the page).

Email: bob.hicks at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:bob.hicks at uwaterloo.ca>
Phone: 519-888-4567, x42194
Office: MC 2010 (moving to EC2-222 on December 1, 2014)