[Faccus] IST Professional Development Seminar
bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Nov 26 08:50:39 EST 2014
Topic: Educause Conference Highlights
Date: Friday November 28, 2014
Time: 9:00 am - 9:45 am
Room: MC 2009
Speakers: Andrea Chappell & Heather Wey, IST
The Educause<https://www.educause.edu/annual-conference/agenda-and-program/design-the-digital-future?utm_source=Informz&utm_medium=Email+marketing&utm_campaign=EDUCAUSE> Annual Conference was held in Orlando, Florida in October. Heather and Andrea brought back some highlights (but certainly not from the sun) to share. Some from Andrea's highlights include:
- Clayton Christensen's keynote on Disruptive Innovation and Higher Ed (or, What did DEC and Dell do that Waterloo can learn from?)
- We all learn about leadership, but maybe we should practice followership!
- Active Learning Classrooms ... what are they? Are they coming to a room near you?
- Learning analytics (and what data can't tell you).
Heather will talk about ...
- Digital badges to support professional development and career building.
- Metrics can inspire teams: who knew?
- IT communications
- Brief takeaways from other sessions attended.
This seminar will be webcasted/recorded.<http://juno.uwaterloo.ca/fridayist> Please note that you can ask questions while watching the webcast (there is a link on the page).
Director, Client Services
Information Systems and Technology
University of Waterloo
Email: bob.hicks at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:bob.hicks at uwaterloo.ca>
Phone: 519-888-4567, x42194
Office: MC 2010 (moving to EC2-222 on December 1, 2014)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Faccus