[Faccus] Update: PBX component failure (phones/extensions)

Pat Lafranier pllafranier at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Nov 21 16:13:36 EST 2014

Update: Incoming faxes through the central fax service also affected by this outage (outbound faxes are not affected).

Technical support will be installing replacement components later this afternoon. When service is brought back online, there will be a disruption in phone service for all IP phones (including those not currently experiencing any issues). This work is being scheduled for after 6pm.

How do I know if I have an IP phone? A digital phone has a normal flat (grey) phone cable plugged in the back whereas an IP phone will use a round network cable.

----

What is happening?  Some phones in remote sites (Kitchener, Cambridge) and on-campus extensions in the range 45000 to 49999 are not receiving calls. Outbound calls are not affected.

When will service be restored? Technical support staff are enroute with replacement parts. Full service is expected to be restored later this afternoon.

Questions/concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk (CHIP), helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca> or ext 84357.

Recipients of this message: isthd, faccus, admin-support , ist-staff, Daily Bulletin, SSO, MSC

Pat Lafranier, Manager
Training, Licensing & Communication, Client Services
Information Systems & Technology
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
519.888.4567 x36433 / MC 2027