[Faccus] SharePoint Service - October 28

Heather Wey hawey at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Oct 28 13:32:01 EDT 2014

This is an alert about a series of brief service outages that will present minor delays when using SharePoint.

Most people will not notice these delays, however there is very slight chance that data may not save to SharePoint as the changes are made.
Please pass on this alert to anyone who may be working on SharePoint during this event.

What is happening? We need to apply some hotfixes and patches to the SharePoint infrastructure. These fixes will place various SharePoint services offline as they are stopped and restarted.

When is this happening? Tuesday  October  28. Setup for this update will begin at 5:00 pm, it is not anticipated that these preliminary steps will impact use of SharePoint. The update process will run between 9:00 pm and 2:00 am.

How will this impact users? If you are trying to upload or download information from SharePoint sites, you may receive an error. It is recommended to wait a few minutes and retry. You may need to reload the webpage. Please contact Stephen about any SharePoint loading or access issues that persist beyond 2-minutes.

How was this tested? The hotfixes and updates have been successfully applied to our DEV servers.

Questions/concerns: Please contact Stephen Markan (smarkan at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:smarkan at uwaterloo.ca>).

Recipients of this message: ist-staff, isthd, admin-support, faccus, UWweb, ctsc

Heather Wey
IST Communications