[Faccus] MATLAB license server reliability issue

William Lewis rwlewis at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Oct 21 13:38:13 EDT 2014

To all MATLAB users:

The Matlab research license server had to be upgraded recently to accommodate the latest release R2014B. Unfortunately the license service has become unstable, restarting frequently and sometimes not coming back up at all. A case has been opened with the Mathworks. We suspect that this behaviour may have resulted from a bug introduced in the new license server software. Rolling back to the previous version would disable newly installed instances of version R2014B. We are trying to resolve this issue with as little disruption to users as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience.

If you get an error, please wait 5 to 10 minutes and then try again. To report issues please send email to request at uwaterloo.ca. It is helpful to include your user id, the date and time, the error message and number, and when it was last working.

Will