[Faccus] Request Tracker upgrade and downtime this Saturday, October 25th
ltomalty at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Oct 21 10:48:25 EDT 2014
What is happening? The "Request Tracker (RT)" system, used by many areas of campus, is being upgraded to the most recent version, RT 4.2 .
When is this happening? Saturday, October 25, 2014 from 8am to 12noon (and possibly early afternoon).
What is the impact to users?
* The RT system (http://rt.uwaterloo.ca ) and RT forms (http://rt.uwaterloo.ca/request) will be unavailable from 8am to 12noon (and possibly early afternoon) on Saturday, October 25th, 2014
* Any email sent to the RT system will be queued and submitted to the system when it is back up
* Emergency requests during RT down time:
o IST requests may be sent to: helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca>
o Faculty Service Desks: https://uwaterloo.ca/ist/services/faculty-service-desks
Why is this happening? This upgrade is a result of the work of the campus wide projects: "RT Investigation Project (2012-13)" and "Request Tracker 4 (RT4) Implementation Project (2013-14)".
What do I need to do?
* Please share this information with staff in your group who use the current "RT" system
* New RT4 system will have the same URL as the current system: http://rt.uwaterloo.ca
* New RT forms page will available from: https://rt.uwaterloo.ca/SelfService/
? Click 'New Ticket' to see the forms list
? Click on form name to submit a request
* Email to RT will remain: rt at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:rt at uwaterloo.ca>
* Note: "Custom Fields" (matching the form fields) may appear in your current RT3 queue at some point leading up to the go live date
* https://uwaterloo.ca/rt/new-rt4 (See links to Issue Solver and Requestor documentation)
* See https://uwaterloo.ca/ist/RT4-training
* By request: email rt-help at rt.uwaterloo.ca<mailto:rt-help at rt.uwaterloo.ca>
Key notes about this upgrade
* RT 4.2 will be delivering the existing service of RT3 with an updated look, new request submission forms, and some new features
* What's new?
? "Reply" and "Comment" buttons (at the top) are now under the "Actions" menu at the top
? Quoted text in the ticket history is hidden by default (for a cleaner look); it can be shown by clicking "-Show quoted text-"
? Recurring tickets feature (allows creation of multiple recurring tickets based on a schedule). **Update: this feature will be available at some point after the initial upgrade
? New knowledge base (appears as "Articles" in the top menu). **Update: this feature will be available at some point after the initial upgrade
* Other information
? 7 years of data will be moved; older data will be available on an archive read only site (http://uwaterloo.ca/rt/new-rt4/issue-solver-documentation#RT3ArchiveServer)
? Default settings:
? Ticket history will display newest items at the top (to change this: http://uwaterloo.ca/rt/new-rt4/issue-solver-documentation#prefs)
? WYSIWYG editor is turned off by default (to turn on: https://uwaterloo.ca/request-tracking-system/node/4#WYSIWYG)
* Overview: RT4 PDAG seminar from March 28: http://tcs.uwaterloo.ca/tcs/#page:recordingList&pageNumber:1&id:6D126015-8020-4405-B6F0-4C7766D7FAE1
Questions/concerns? Please email rt-help at rt.uwaterloo.ca<mailto:rt-help at rt.uwaterloo.ca>.
Recipients of this message: rt-adminccs, isthd, ist-staff, admin-support, faccus, ctsc, ucist
Manager, Customer Relations and Support
IST Account Representative, Faculty of Arts
Information Systems and Technology
University of Waterloo
(519)888-4567 x 35873
ltomalty at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:ltomalty at uwaterloo.ca>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Faccus