[Faccus] Update: Request Tracker (RT) system upgrade – coming soon
ltomalty at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Sep 12 12:16:18 EDT 2014
What is happening? The “Request Tracker (RT)” system, used by many areas of campus, is being upgraded to the most recent version, RT 4.2 . (The go-live date has been changed due to resourcing and new information.)
When is this happening? Scheduled RT4 go live date is Saturday, October 25, 2014. Full details will be communicated before the upgrade takes place.
What is the impact to users? Any down time will occur during non-business hours. RT will be unavailable for part of the day on October 25.
Why is this happening? This upgrade is a result of the work of the campus wide projects: “RT Investigation Project (2012-13)” and “Request Tracker 4 (RT4) Implementation Project (2013-14)”.
What do I need to do?
· Please share this information with staff in your group who use the current “RT” system.
· Note: “Custom Fields” (matching the form fields) may appear in your current RT3 queue at some point leading up to the go live date.
· https://uwaterloo.ca/rt/new-rt4 (See links to Issue Solver and Requestor documentation)
· See https://uwaterloo.ca/ist/sew
· By request: email rt-help at rt.uwaterloo.ca<mailto:rt-help at rt.uwaterloo.ca>
Key notes about this upgrade
· RT 4.2 will be delivering the existing service of RT3 with an updated look, new request submission forms, and some new features
· What’s new?
§ “Reply” and “Comment” buttons (at the top) are now in under “Actions” menu at the top.
§ Quoted text in the ticket history is hidden by default (for a cleaner look); it can be shown by clicking “-Show quoted text-“.
§ Recurring tickets feature (allows creation of multiple recurring tickets based on a schedule). **Update: this feature will be available at some point after the initial upgrade.
§ New knowledge base (appears as “Articles” in the top menu). **Update: this feature may not be available in the initial release.
· Other information
§ 7 years of data will be moved; older data will be available on an archive read only site.( http://uwaterloo.ca/request-tracking-system/new-rt4/issue-solver-documentation#RT3ArchiveServer )
§ Default settings:
§ Ticket history will display newest items at the top; to change this: (http://uwaterloo.ca/rt/new-rt4/issue-solver-documentation#prefs).
§ WYSIWYG editor is turned off by default (to turn on: https://uwaterloo.ca/request-tracking-system/node/4#WYSIWYG )
· Overview: RT4 PDAG seminar from March 28: http://tcs.uwaterloo.ca/tcs/#page:recordingList&pageNumber:1&id:6D126015-8020-4405-B6F0-4C7766D7FAE1
Questions/concerns? Please email rt-help at rt.uwaterloo.ca<mailto:rt-help at rt.uwaterloo.ca>.
Recipients of this message: rt-adminccs, isthd, ist-staff, admin-support, faccus, ctsc, ucist
Manager, Customer Relations and Support
IST Account Representative, Faculty of Arts
Information Systems and Technology
University of Waterloo
(519)888-4567 x 35873
ltomalty at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:ltomalty at uwaterloo.ca>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Faccus