[Faccus] SERVICE ALERT - 2014-08-22 mailservices, Exchange - Blacklisting of campus email servers

etbain at uwaterloo.ca etbain at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Aug 25 13:55:15 EDT 2014

Date: (YYYY-MM-DD)     2014-08-22

Start Time:              00:00

End Time:

Impact:           Some email being rejected

Resolution:

Submitted By: etbain at uwaterloo.ca

Comment:        The use of more compromised credentials over the weekend means that the situation has not improved. The central email service (mailservices) continues to be affected by blacklisting by ProofPoint.  While IST continues to disable compromised accounts as they are detected, we have been unsuccessful in our attempts to be removed from ProofPoint’s list. As a result, organizations/companies that subscribe to the ProofPoint blacklisting service are still rejecting email from mailservices.

Notice Submitted:    Mon Aug 25 13:55:15 EDT 2014

Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/UWNetworkAlert

Note:   If you have any questions or concerns please contact the IST Service Desk (CHIP) at ext: 84357 or helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca