[Faccus] NETWORK ALERT - 2014-08-18 Wireless - Maintenance - AUP enabled on wireless and residence wired for 2 weeks

mverlis at uwaterloo.ca mverlis at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Aug 6 07:20:40 EDT 2014

Date: (YYYY-MM-DD)     2014-08-18

Start Time:              07:00

End Time:

Impact:

Resolution:

Submitted By: mverlis at uwaterloo.ca

Comment:        We will be enabling an AUP on all wireless campus wide and all residence wired and wireless for the last two weeks of August.  It will be disabled again in September.  It has been tested with our equipment in network services and with the help of the helpdesks over a couple weeks.

If there is no major issue arising from this production trial it will be put back in place in October.

AUP to be enabled on August 18
AUP to be removed  on August 29

What the AUP does:
- it intercepts only HTTP traffic
- it redirects any user not in its database already to the AUP where they must click accept on the AUP to be placed in the database.
- Users will remain in the database for 120days (they will not get redirected for 120days on that device)
- User is 'mac-address' so it must be accepted for each device you own

Notice Submitted:    Wed Aug 6 7:20:40 EDT 2014

Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/UWNetworkAlert

Note:   If you have any questions or concerns please contact the IST Service Desk (CHIP) at ext: 84357 or helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca