[Faccus] Wednesday July 30: MySharePoint Maintenance

Pat Lafranier pllafranier at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jul 28 15:46:21 EDT 2014

What is happening? Updates to the MySharePoint (mysharepoint.uwaterloo.ca) service to complete the migration of usernames into the new authentication format. The main SharePoint (sharepoint.uwaterloo.ca) was converted earlier.

When is this happening? Wednesday July 30, 2014. The process will begin at 8:00 PM, and will take several hours for the process to run. Full service to MySharePoint will be restored by midnight.

What is the impact to SharePoint users? Personal SharePoint sites within the MySharePoint service will be unavailable during the maintenance windows. The main SharePoint sites will continue to be available.

Why is this happening? This is part of the normal maintenance of IST services.

What users need to do before the migration: We recommend you make sure any files from MySharePoint are closed and saved.

After the Update: There should be no impact to end-users. If there are problems with the conversion we will restore from backup to the current state.

Questions/concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk (CHIP), helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca> or ext. 84357.

Recipients of this message: isthd, ist-staff, admin-support, faccus, UWweb, ctsc, ucist, Daily Bulletin, MSC.

Pat Lafranier, Manager
Training, Licensing & Communication, Client Services
Information Systems & Technology
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
519.888.4567 x36433 / MC 2027