[Faccus] BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) maintenance - June 24

Heather Wey hawey at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jun 23 08:59:43 EDT 2014

What is happening? IST will be performing maintenance on the BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) servers that provide email and calendar synchronization services to BlackBerry mobile devices on Connect.

Why is this happening? This is routine maintenance for our BES servers ensures our systems are up-to date.

When is this happening?  Tuesday, June 24 - 10:00 pm to 12:00 midnight

What is the impact? Maintenance will require server restarts which will result in delays in message delivery. While a two hour window is being set aside for the maintenance, message delivery delays will occur only during server restarts (lasting approximately 5 minutes). Messages received during the restart will be synchronized/delivered to the device when the service resumes.

Questions/concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk (CHIP), helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca> or ext 84357.

Recipients of this message: isthd, ist-staff, admin-support, faccus

Heather Wey
IST Communications