[Faccus] SharePoint: Migration to Claims Authentication

Heather Wey hawey at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jun 19 14:56:33 EDT 2014

What is happening? SharePoint is moving to claims authentication

When is this happening? Friday, June 20, 9:00 am - 9:30 am. Should be complete by 9:30 unless problems arise requiring the need to do a system restore in which case service will be restored by 12 noon.

Why is this happening? We will be able to configure other applications such as Office Web Apps to work with SharePoint.  Claims authentication is now a Microsoft standard and our current authentication will be phased out.

What users need to do before the migration: No action required.

After the migration: Users will login using nexus\username. When you are in SharePoint the only visible change will be that your username will display with i:0#.w| in front of nexus\username.

Questions/concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk (CHIP), helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca> or ext. 84357.

Recipients of this message: isthd; ist-staff; admin-support; faccus; ctsc

Heather Wey
IST Communications