[Faccus] SERVICE ALERT - 2014-06-17 Lync - Maintenance - Lync Back-End Failover Test

Paul Dietrich p2dietrich at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jun 17 10:02:02 EDT 2014

Date: (YYYY-MM-DD)     2014-06-17

Start Time:              10:30

End Time:	12:00

Impact:           No user impact

Resolution:

Submitted By: p2dietri at uwaterloo.ca

Comment:        Summary: IST will be conducting Failover-testing of the Lync environment today.

Details: As part of the Lync deployment, IST/TIS needs to complete a failover test of the Lync SQL Backend environment to ensure that this process works as designed.  This test will be conducted during the day as it is often difficult to assess the user impact outside of regular business hours. We are doing this while the Lync user base is still relatively small (150 users).

The SQL backend servers supporting Lync will be taken out of service (one at a time) to test the successful failover of each system.  This will require a single restart of each Lync SQL server and we will wait a period of time between each reboot to ensure services are working properly. No other SQL-related services will be impacted.

While we do not expect any service-affecting failure or outage for Lync users, we will monitor closely and address any issues that arise.

Notice Submitted:    Tue Jun 17 10:02:02 EDT 2014

Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/UWNetworkAlert

Note:   If you have any questions or concerns please contact the IST Service Desk (CHIP) at ext: 84357 or helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca