[Faccus] NETWORK ALERT - 2014-06-03 Wired Network - Maintenance - External Router Reload

sbourque at uwaterloo.ca sbourque at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jun 2 08:28:23 EDT 2014

Date: (YYYY-MM-DD)     2014-06-03

Start Time:              07:00

End Time:	08:00

Impact:           None

Resolution:

Submitted By: sbourque at uwaterloo.ca

Comment:        The size of the global internet routing table is steadily increasing and has reached 500,000 routes.
As such, we must increase the TCAM allocation for ipv4 routes in one of our external routers [currently set at 512,000 routes]. This change requires a reload to take effect.

External connectivity is redundant and no outage is anticipated. Users may notice a brief delay as routing converges during the reload.

Notice Submitted:    Mon Jun 2 8:28:23 EDT 2014

Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/UWNetworkAlert

Note:   If you have any questions or concerns please contact the IST Service Desk (CHIP) at ext: 84357 or helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca