[Faccus] Computer counts (computer labs and common areas available for students' use - Main campus)

Andrea Chappell chappell at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Apr 25 16:17:09 EDT 2014

Thanks very much to everyone for your quick help. Here's a summary.
Cheers,
Andrea

I suspect we will have missed a few, but this will be close. You can see
where I decided not to count some where they were specific to set of
student in one department or course.
TOTAL 1316

DETAIL:
Arts - 164 (6 are for grads only, but included in the count)
Env - 147
Math - 84
(http://math.uwaterloo.ca/math-faculty-computing-facility/resources/undergraduate-students/computing/computing-labs)
Eng - 227 (https://uwaterloo.ca/engineering-computing/computer-labs;
omitted WEEF (140) and Multi-Media (120), since those are not general
purpose (classrooms); also didn't include department-specific labs)
Sci - 175
AHS - 31
CS - 281 (omitted 70 that are for specific courses, or one department)
Library - 195 (didn't include special purpose kiosks for book check-out
and printing)
St. Jerome's Library - 12