[Faccus] SERVICE ALERT - 2014-04-21 Exchange - Maintenance - Adding host record to APEX/NEXUS DCs

Paul Dietrich p2dietrich at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Apr 21 13:32:02 EDT 2014

Date: (YYYY-MM-DD)     2014-04-21

Start Time:              11:00

End Time:	11:45

Impact:           Resolving host lookup for CONNECT DCs

Resolution:     host file updated

Submitted By: p2dietri at uwaterloo.ca

Comment:        * UPDATE: April 21, 2014 - 11:45
The host file was successfully updated on all NEXUS and APEX domain controllers and have tested and confirmed that there were no outages or issues.

While attempting to bring up voicemail services with Exchange for Lync, we have determined that a change is required to the NEXUS and APEX Domain Controllers.  Since the address connect.uwaterloo.ca resolves to a web address (for accessing email on the web), we need to add an entry to the local host file of the DCs so that any domain level connection resolves to the actual CONNECT DCs.  This has been tested successfully in our development environment to ensure that this does not have an impact on the use of the Exchange environment.

Notice Submitted:    Mon Apr 21 13:32:02 EDT 2014

Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/UWNetworkAlert

Note:   If you have any questions or concerns please contact the IST Service Desk (CHIP) at ext: 84357 or helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca