[Faccus] FW: MATLAB license renewals, off campus use, VPN, year-end
rwlewis at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Mar 21 09:35:06 EDT 2014
The following message was sent directly to all MATLAB users.
From: William Lewis
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2014 9:32 AM
To: ist-webstore at lists.uwaterloo.ca
Subject: MATLAB license renewals, off campus use, VPN, year-end
Please note the following information about MATLAB:
* The MATLAB license manager now supports version R2014a
* Off campus use requires a VPN connection
* Licenses purchased in 2013 will expire April 30, 2014
* Licenses for 2014 are now on sale
* The IST Webstore will be closed for year-end processing from April 18 to April 30
After updating the server we became aware that the previous license manager had been allowing connections from off campus, which was not intended. In order to use MATLAB from off campus it is necessary to first establish a VPN connection using the Cisco AnyConnect client. The VPN client and documentation are available at http://vpn.uwaterloo.ca.
To renew your license or purchase new licenses, please visit the IST Webstore:
* Step 1: Visit https://strobe.uwaterloo.ca/ist/saw/webstore/
* Step 2: Purchase tab -> Provide account number and number of licenses, click Purchase.
* Step 3: Authorize tab -> Provide user name
Please use the Webstore if you want to check when your current license expires.
R. William Lewis
Client Services - Information System & Technology
University of Waterloo
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Faccus