[Faccus] Nexus house cleaning required

Manfred Grisebach manfred at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 18 16:16:06 EDT 2014

There are currently 616 workstations and servers that show up in Nexus that are no longer registered in DNS. Let me know if you'd like us to delete yours for you, otherwise, please notify the correct people in your areas to get these cleaned up (if it's not you :) ).
NOTE: There are several entries that exist in other DNS zones, like the "cs.uwaterloo.ca" DNS zone that do not exist in Infoblocks or nexus DNS. (I assume this means they were pre-staged and never used, hence never dynamically registered in Nexus DNS?)

Please check the list of PCs at the URL below and delete the your appropriate entries.
The numbers by faculty are:

*         Academic Support: 56

*         AHS: 36

*         Arts: 93

*         CS: 28

*         Eng: Architecture: 6

*         Eng: Chemical: 51

*         Eng: Civil: 9

*         Eng: Electrical and Comp: 27

*         Eng: Engineering Computing: 67

*         Eng: IQC: 15

*         Eng: Man Sci: 11

*         Eng: Mechanical: 67

*         Eng: Sys Design: 1

*         ENV: 30

*         Math: 16

*         Renison: 32

*         Science:39

The full list of names can be viewed at:
http://windows.uwaterloo.ca/Nexus/Workstations_not_in_DNS_Mar18_2012.htm
It is sorted but there are a few entries at the end that may belong to you as well.
THX. ...M

Manfred Grisebach
Manager, Workstation Services
Information Systems and Technology     Email:manfred at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:manfred at uwaterloo.ca>
University of Waterloo                           Fax:(519)884-4398
200 University Avenue West                   Phone:(519)888-4567 x33449
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 3G1