[Faccus] SecureDoc upgrade – Tuesday, March 18

Heather Wey hawey at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Mar 14 16:21:24 EDT 2014

What is happening? We will be upgrading our SecureDoc whole-disk encryption server.

Why is this happening? Routine maintenance of our SecureDoc service, ensuring our systems are up-to date.

When is this happening?  Tuesday, March 18 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm

What is the impact?  Clients will not be able to register new devices for encryption on Tuesday, March 18.
What do I need to do? Users wishing to encrypt the hard disks of their UW devices with SecureDoc should avoid initiating installation from Monday, March 17 to Wednesday, March 19.

After the upgrade: The encryption services will work as they did before the upgrade

Questions/concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk (CHIP), helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca> or ext 84357.
Recipients: isthd, ist-staff, faccus, and admin-support mailing lists

Heather Wey
IST Communications