Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Mar 10 16:03:50 EDT 2014

Topic:     New Electronic Fax System
Date:      Friday Mar 14, 2014
Time:      9:00 am - 9:45 am
Room:      MC 2009
Speaker:   Joe Allen, IST
The University of Waterloo is one of the few universities that still use physical fax machines. There are approximately 177 fax machines on campus. IST is  ready to roll out a new electronic fax system for the campus.  This new software has considerable flexibility. We hope that many departments will want to take advantage of these new capabilities. However, if absolutely necessary, we can still maintain the same machines and numbers we are using now.   We feel that the majority of the physical fax machines will no longer be needed.  All faxes can be sent and received electronically. A number of people on campus have already tested this new system and the response has been overwhelmingly positive. This same system has been successfully deployed worldwide and also at the University of Montreal<http://xmediusfax.sagemcom.com/downloads/casestudies/Universite-de-Montreal-XMediusFAX-SP.pdf>.

In this seminar, Joe will cover the following topics:

  1.  Discuss why we are doing this?
  2.  Demonstrate the system
a.        Send a fax from Outlook
b.        Receive a confirmation page
c.        Review incoming faxes
d.       Look at history online

  1.  Reviews answers to questions that have already been asked and answer any new questions.

This seminar will be webcasted/recorded<http://tcs.uwaterloo.ca/>.

Email: bob.hicks at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:bob.hicks at uwaterloo.ca>
Phone: 519-888-4567, x32194