[Faccus] SecureDoc upgrade – Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pat Lafranier pllafranier at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Feb 28 16:32:15 EST 2014

What is happening? We will be upgrading our SecureDoc whole-disk encryption server.

Why is this happening? Routine maintenance of our SecureDoc service, ensuring our systems are up-to date.

When is this happening?  Tuesday, March 4, 2014 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm

What is the impact? Clients will not be able to download SecureDoc installation packages Monday, March 3 and Tuesday, March 4.  Clients will not be able to register new devices for encryption on Tuesday, March 4.

What do I need to do? Users wishing to encrypt the hard disks of their UW devices with SecureDoc should not initiate installation on Tuesday, March 4.

After the upgrade: The encryption services will work as they did before the upgrade.

Questions/concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk (CHIP), helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca or ext 84357.

Recipients: isthd, ist-staff, faccus, and admin-support mailing lists

Pat Lafranier, Manager
Training, Licensing & Communication, Client Services
Information Systems & Technology
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
519.888.4567 x36433 / MC 2027