Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Feb 10 15:13:25 EST 2014

Topic:     Everyday Leadership
Date:      Friday February 14, 2014
Time:      9:00 am - 9:45 am
Room:      MC 2009
Speaker:   Greg Smith
There are so many definitions and interpretations of the concept of 'leadership'... How do you know which one applies to you?  'Everyday Leadership' seeks to break down all of the different definitions of leadership, and focus on the one thing that matters most - you.  This presentation is based upon the book "The Leadership Challenge", written by Kouzes and Posner, which is based upon 30 years of empirical research into helping people achieve their leadership potential.  In this interactive presentation, we will discuss five key pillars that empower every person to develop their leadership competencies in their everyday lives, and tie them into our work at the University of Waterloo.

Greg Smith is in the newly created role of Manager, Department and Campus Applications, in the IST's Enterprise Systems group.  His previous work experience is in Housing and Residence Life, both at Waterloo and at Western University.  While working in Housing, he developed a strong interest in leadership and developing leadership in other people.  In 2008-2009, he completed his MBA at the Ivey Business School at Western University, where he was able to develop further his interest in leadership.

This seminar will be webcasted/recorded<http://tcs.uwaterloo.ca/>.

Email: bob.hicks at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:bob.hicks at uwaterloo.ca>
Phone: 519-888-4567, x32194
Ist.uwaterloo.ca