[Faccus] SharePoint Migration Status: Waiting for DNS refresh

Stephen Markan smarkan at uwaterloo.ca
Sat Jan 25 19:06:18 EST 2014

The Migration of the SharePoint Infrastructure has been completed.
SharePoint 2010 Foundation has been moved to SharePoint 2013 Server

The final part of the process is to refresh the DNS so that the https://sharepoint.uwaterloo.ca URL points at the new servers.
Unfortunately the update of the DNS seem to be taking its time. We are working with other IST groups to try and resolve the DNS issue and make  the SharePoint servers available once again.

If you try to access https://sharepoint.uwaterloo.ca/sites/YourSITE
You will get a Site Unavailable Error
IF you really need to access the data in SharePoint our test DEV server (using December 28 data) is online at
https://spsccdev1.uwaterloo.ca/sites/YourSITE
Please note this is a temporary DEV site only and any content you modify will not be migrated

(Note YourSITE is the name of Your SharePoint Site)

I will send out an update when the DNS issue has been resolved.

Sincerely
Stephen Markan
SharePoint Coordinator