[Faccus] NETWORK ALERT - 2014-02-05 Wired Network - Maintenance - ISP Migration

sbourque at uwaterloo.ca sbourque at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jan 23 09:58:53 EST 2014

Date: (YYYY-MM-DD)     2014-02-05

Start Time:              07:00

End Time:	08:30

Impact:           Network Convergence

Resolution:

Submitted By: sbourque at uwaterloo.ca

Comment:        In the morning of Wednesday February 5, 2014 between 7:00 am and 8:00 am one of the three external routers is being replaced with newer hardware. During this time one of our redundant ISPS will be offline.
No outage is anticipated as our other peers will handle the traffic.

On the same morning at 8:00am our connection to the offline ISP will be upgraded from a gig interface to a 10 gig interface to accommodate an increase of bandwidth from 1gbps to 2gbps.

No outages are anticipated during any of this work, While the peer is disconnected and reconnected users may notice a change in network paths or a brief stall of traffic while routes converge.

Notice Submitted:    Thu Jan 23 9:58:53 EST 2014

Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/UWNetworkAlert

Note:   If you have any questions or concerns please contact the IST Help Desk at ext: 84357 or helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca