[Faccus] Sendit maintenance tonight - January 21

Heather Wey hawey at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jan 21 09:36:40 EST 2014

What is happening? We will be performing maintenance on our file transfer service (sendIt.uwaterloo.ca).

Why is this happening? This maintenance is being fast-tracked due to issues using Sendit with Java 7. Java has been changed to add new security features and only run for trusted applications. This update to Sendit makes it a trusted application. Java background is at http://java.com/en/download/faq/release_changes.xml.

When is this happening?  Tuesday, January 21, 2014, 10:00 p.m. to 12:00 midnight

What is the impact? During this time, the service will be unavailable for uploading or downloading of files.

After the upgrade: When this maintenance is complete, Java 6 (1.6) or Java 7 will be required when choosing to use java.

Questions/concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca> or ext. 83457.

Recipients of this message: isthd; ist-staff; admin-support, UWweb, faccus, ctsc

Heather Wey
IST Communications

Heather Wey
IST Communications

Is there any value in explaining "issues"? Java has been changed to add new security features and only run for trusted applications. This update to sendit makes it a trusted application. Java background is at http://java.com/en/download/faq/release_changes.xml

Other details of this sound fine.

Martin

Please confirm!  (I also added UWweb and faccus to the recipients list.)

What is happening? We will be performing maintenance on our file transfer service (sendIt.uwaterloo.ca).

Why is this happening? This maintenance is being fast-tracked due to issues using Sendit with Java 7.

When is this happening?  Tuesday, January 21, 2014 between 10:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight