[Faccus] Netapp upgrade affecting IT services on December 27
pllafranier at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Dec 20 08:53:36 EST 2013
Our apologies for the late notice...
What is being done? Two NetApp servers (netapp1 and netapp2) will be taken offline to cluster the devices and upgrade the operating systems. Effort will be made to reduce the outage to the minimum required.
What will be impacted?
* Computers that require connections to network-based profiles or drives will not function well (this includes most office computers in Academic Support areas and in some faculties)
* Network drives and roaming profiles will not be available
* Some services will be offline (see below).
* WCMS staging sites (pilots) - WCMS live sites will be available (but not editable)
* Quest (SiSP Crystal CS9)
* Student Portal
* E-commerce (fortuna - university ecommerce application)
* ePortfolio (LEARN application)
* Ad Astra Scheduling
Area specific systems affected:
* Alumni (Netcommunity Web service, Blackbaud, MS Reporting services)
* Athletics (Fusion)
* Central Stores (AGILE Shipping & FSMS Auxiliary service, Trackit App)
* Centre for Extended Learning web stack (woodland, mink, muskrat, skunk, cel-linex-prod-*)
* Communications and Public Affairs application server (radon)
* Environment (ArcGIS, Postres Teaching)
* Finance (farecomm application)
* Food Services (Sabertooth App)
* Grad Office (inteum)
* Health Services (CIS PNP Lifelabs)
* IST (Adobe connect, Open Data, IRC, git, subversion, ITMS classroom monitoring, D2L Mgmt server, Team Foundation)
* Institutional Analysis & Planning (Tableau, cognos)
* Marketing and Undergrad Recruitment application server (jabber)
* Math (survey)
* Parking (epark - parking application)
* Registrar (Infosilem Scheduling iris)
* Research (Inteum for intellectual property ORR, Grant Mgmt App)
* Retail Services (Avanti printing services, Student printing)
* Safety Office (parklane application)
When it is being done? Friday December 27, 2013 between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
Actual outage is being worked on - there is limited capacity for machines to remain up. This is the only time of year we can take things down for multiple hours like the above time frame. Effort will be made to reduce the outage to the minimum required.
What will I need to do? If any of the systems will affect your users you should inform them of the outage. If a service that will be affected is accessible through your website you should add a note on the webpage leading to that service.
Questions/concerns? Please contact Jason Gorrie, jbgorrie at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:jbgorrie at uwaterloo.ca> or ext. 37842.
Pat Lafranier, Manager
Training, Licensing & Communication, Client Services
Information Systems & Technology
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
519.888.4567 x36433 / MC 2027
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Faccus