[Faccus] FW: Samsung GT-S5660 and GT-S5830 Android devices may be incompatible with Campus Wi-Fi

Bruce Campbell bruce at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Oct 28 10:18:40 EDT 2013

I am planning to send the below to about 120 active users of Samsung GT-S5660 and GT-S5830.  After that, we may start blocking the MAC addresses of device which are exhibiting signs of the bug.
For the most part, the devices are only affecting themselves and other Samsung devices

Comments welcome.

Note, there is a supposed partial workaround that Princeton describes at

  http://www.net.princeton.edu/android/android-11236-partial-workaround.html

but I don't plan to mention that in my e-mail,  as it looks complicated to most users and I have no way of testing.

--
Bruce Campbell
Director, Technology Integrated Services