[Faccus] Friday Oct 18, 9am, MC 2009 - Short presentation on campus Wi-Fi upgrades and quality assurance

Bruce Campbell bruce at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Oct 17 09:22:39 EDT 2013

I am going to give an approximately 25 minute presentation at 9am Friday October 18, in MC 2009, on campus Wi-Fi upgrades and quality assurance.

This is likely mostly of interest to those in client support roles, but all are welcome to attend.

I will be covering:

*         Campus Wi-Fi upgrades (including residences)

*         How we design, install, and monitor campus Wi-Fi

*         Ongoing quality assurance

*         Factors affecting service

o   Interference

o   Client devices

o   Infrastructure

o   Other

*         What we are doing about some issues that can affect service, and what else is needed/planned going forward

(note this is the usual time and place for IST professional development seminars, but there is none scheduled for this week, so I have taken the time slot)

--
Bruce Campbell
Director, Technology Integrated Services