[Faccus] Fall 2013 Co-op + Help Desk staff Training Invitation + Schedule

Nitish Khiria nitish.khiria at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jul 12 15:10:51 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,

As mentioned in the Helpdesk initiatives and general FACCUS meetings, we have been drafting a schedule for a two day general IT training session applicable to student staff in IST and faculty helpdesks. These two days of training are part of the Student Computing Consultant (SCC) training week and all members of FACCUS are invited to send any student staff (co-ops, supervisors, part time etc) who you think may benefit from attending.

Please see the attached schedule for August 29th and 30th. The training takes place from 9 am to 6 pm on both days. The locations of the training are mentioned next to the date. If you have any suggestions for presentations that might benefit the attendees, please let me know.

RSVPs for Training

If you would like any of your staff or student staff to attend this training, please reply back to this email mentioning full names of the attendees. We request that you get this information to us by Thursday July 25th at the latest as we need to place orders for meals and materials for sessions. If you are away on vacation until then, we will accept your RSVP before August 1st.

Faculty Helpdesk Panel: Q & A + Info Session

For this training session, we are hoping to hold a Faculty Help Desk Panel on Friday August 30th from 9:30 am - 10:30 am. Since all the faculties provide support for specific IT services, we believe it would be helpful for all student staff attending to hear of the uniqueness of each area. This would help the attendees provide better support during referrals and warm-transfers. We are hoping every faculty / help desk can provide a representative to be a part of this panel. If you are interested in being a part of this panel or sending someone from your Faculty Helpdesk, please reply to this email by Thursday July 25th stating the name of the representative. We hope to have pre-set questions and topics to discuss.

We hope this drafted schedule meets the requirements for general campus IT support training for student staff. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding the attached schedule or any of the sessions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks and we hope to hear from all of you soon!

Nitish Khiria
Technical Helpdesk Supervisor

Office: Room 113, Village 1 Central Complex
Phone: (519) 888-4567, x32183
Fax: 1-888-759-0963