[Faccus] SAS installation, reboots and use of passwords

Jennifer Keir jkeir at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jun 26 10:54:29 EDT 2013

*Attention: *Anyone installing SAS

*What is happening? *The SAS installer may require a reboot in the
middle of the installation and will ask for your userid and password to
promote an automatic login. *Do not provide your userid and password.
*SAS is removing the option for automatic logins from their installer
script due to issues with the code.

*What should you do instead? *Cancel the installation, reboot the
machine, and start again.

If you have repeating pending reboots, SAS has a helpful Kb article at
http://support.sas.com/kb/38/940.html.

If you have questions about this, please let me know.  I will also try
to contact those who have recently purchased SAS from the CHIP.

Jennifer

Jennifer Keir
Client Services, IST
jkeir at uwaterloo.ca