[Faccus] HD initiatives mission statement

Cheryl Skingley cskingle at uwaterloo.ca
Fri May 24 16:11:14 EDT 2013

I think you could just use the first part. It says it all.

Cheryl Skingley
Information Technology Manager
Housing & SSO Teams
Information Systems & Technology

Work:  (519) 888-4567 ext 35722
Cell:    (519) 573-4357
Email:  cskingley at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:cskingley at uwaterloo.ca>

President, ResNet Inc.
cheryl.skingley at resnetinc.org<mailto:cheryl.skingley at resnetinc.org>

On 2013-05-24, at 4:08 PM, "Terry O. Stewart" <stewart at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:stewart at uwaterloo.ca>> wrote:

Hi Lisa.  The mission has the right flavour but it’s wordy.  Here’s a suggestion (just a suggestion):

The mission of the Helpdesk Initiatives group is to work together to enable all IT Helpdesks on campus to improve service to users. This could include: documentation, communication and marketing, tools and solutions, training, service processes, etc.

The “together” and “enable” align with the vision statement of IT Stratplan.  “Improving service to users” aligns with a number of Strategic Objectives from the IT Stratplan –  particularly “empower users and optimize their experience (U1) and “build collaborative relationships with our users and each other (OC4).  I believe we are back to calling the people we help “users”. :)
--
Terry