[Faccus] HD initiatives mission statement

Terry O. Stewart stewart at uwaterloo.ca
Fri May 24 16:07:46 EDT 2013

Hi Lisa.  The mission has the right flavour but it's wordy.  Here's a suggestion (just a suggestion):

The mission of the Helpdesk Initiatives group is to work together to enable all IT Helpdesks on campus to improve service to users. This could include: documentation, communication and marketing, tools and solutions, training, service processes, etc.

The "together" and "enable" align with the vision statement of IT Stratplan.  "Improving service to users" aligns with a number of Strategic Objectives from the IT Stratplan -  particularly "empower users and optimize their experience (U1) and "build collaborative relationships with our users and each other (OC4).  I believe we are back to calling the people we help "users". :)
--
Terry