Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Wed May 22 13:54:14 EDT 2013

Topic:     IT Strategic Plan
Date:      Friday May  24, 2013
Time:      9:00 am - 9:45 am
Room:      MC 2009
Speaker:   Andrea Chappell

The IT Strategic Plan project isn't quite over, but it delivered the milestone that marks the beginning of the end of the project - the IT Directions document launched on May 14th. The implementation phase will follow, with some things started before it is handed off. It's a good time to pause and think about how the process and outcomes. It's also a good time to consider how IT works on campus. A start at formalizing governance (strategy, directions, decision-making processes) and what's being called a federated approach is also part of the project wrap-up. I'll bring some background to this talk, but I'm interested to hear the perspectives from those who took part, and those who feel they were more outside the project. I look forward to your input!

Please note that this seminar will be webcasted and recorded<http://tcs.uwaterloo.ca/>. Click on the graphic that is labeled with IST Friday morning seminar...the one with the red dot. At this time the live webcast is in windows media format only. The archived events are in WMV and Flash.

Bob Hicks<http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/as/directors/bobhicks.html>
MC 2010
(519) 888-4567, x32194