[Faccus] start of term mailout to instructors - hoping to send on Monday

chappell at uwaterloo.ca chappell at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Apr 26 12:29:37 EDT 2013

Hi all,
I just wanted to give you a heads up that we hope to send a start of term
mailout to instructors regarding changes in teaching technologies. The
final text is not ready yet. I will send it once it is completed. Below is
a skeleton/draft of the text. We intend this as a very short list, with
short descriptions ... so people read it :-)

We create the text, we send it to CPA for review, and they send it on our
behalf.

If you have comments, please send them to me so we can adjust topics and
messages if needed. You'll have more information on the podium software
changes once I have it!
Cheers,
Andrea

-----------------
Welcome to the spring 2013 term! Here is an update on changes that may
affect your use of teaching and learning technologies.

1. New or revised Registrar-scheduled e-classrooms: (those that will
change by May 6th, and anticipated changes over the summer)

2. Podium software changes: Notice of change to 64-bit, which means a
change to the following application versions (Manfred to provide list and
background in separate document). As always, to request additional
software installation on any podium computer, please email your request to
avfix at uwaterloo.ca or call x33233.

3. A reminder that LEARN will be upgraded on April 30th and May 1st to a
new version, as you have seen in notices and in the system announcements
(from Jan, pointer to whatever makes sense).