Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Apr 9 10:34:00 EDT 2013

The IST Professional Development Seminar this week will take place on Friday April 12th, from 10 am to 10:45 am in MC 2009. The topic is "The Art of Plain Language", and the speaker is Ron Champion. Please note that this seminar will not be webcasted/recorded. There is no need to register for the seminar, but please arrive early as seating is limited.

The Art of Plain Language

"Good English consists less in observance of grammatical pedantries than in a capacity to express oneself simply and neatly."

                                                                                    Sir Ernest Gowers

In our 45 minutes together on Friday, we'll review some key principles that help readers understand words, sentences, paragraphs, and documents.
Handouts will help you to further explore those and other principles for plain-and effective-language.

Ron Champion
Business of Writing
[BOW logo.png]

Bob Hicks<http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/as/directors/bobhicks.html>