Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 5 21:04:05 EST 2013

There are two Friday morning seminars this week....

Topic:     WatApp
Date:      Friday March 8, 2013
Time:      9:00 am - 9:45 am
Room:      MC 2009
Speakers:  Charles Clarke, Computer Science

WatApp is an unofficial Android app created by UW staff and students with partial funding from Google.  WatApp provides a suite of services, including a searchable map, university weather, and an interface to omguw.com<http://omguw.com> (a local social media site).  WatApp also provides a data gathering testbed for a research project on personalization and privacy in mobile social media.  As part of building WatApp, we created a campus-wide indoor geolocation service using wifi access points.  Charles will also talk about plans to make the app better, and other things to do in the future.
Please note that this seminar will be webcasted and recorded<http://tcs.uwaterloo.ca/>. Click on the graphic that is labeled with IST Friday morning seminar...the one with the red dot. At this time the live webcast is in windows media format only. The archived events are in WMV and Flash.

Topic:     The BlackBerry 10