[Faccus] [UW-RT #272258] follow-up from the Waterloo LEARN outage

Centre for Extended Learning General celgen at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Feb 11 11:50:19 EST 2013

Mon Feb 11 11:50:18 2013: Request 272258 was acted upon.
Transaction: Ticket created by chappell
       Queue: ExtendedLearning
     Subject: follow-up from the Waterloo LEARN outage
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: andrea.chappell at uwaterloo.ca
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.uwaterloo.ca/Ticket/Display.html?id=272258 >

[Mon., Feb. 11, 2013]
Hello all,
Earlier this morning I sent this update to the Deans (or those who were
their designates for the communication updates during the LEARN outage).

Since the outage of LEARN that started just under 2 weeks ago, we have
continued to gather information from Desire2Learn about the causes, and to
work with them to ensure no such outage occurs again. We have received
from them a technical description of the root cause of the problem, and we
need to work with them further to create a partnership that puts us in the
decision path for such significant changes to our system. Locally we are
continuing work on contingency plans and communications plans, based on
our lessons learned during the outage. Once we have solid results from
both of those activities, we will provide further information to you, the
professors, and the students on actions taken, and changes in practice and
processes.

I will also post an article to the Bulletin based on the information in
the attached document.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Andrea