[Faccus] Update on status of LEARN - cautious good news!

chappell at uwaterloo.ca chappell at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Feb 1 16:40:39 EST 2013

[Update Fri., Feb. 1, 4:30pm]
Hello,
This is the email I've been wanting to send since about 3:26pm on Tuesday.
The Waterloo LEARN system has been running since about 12:30pm. We have
done local testing and people are on the system, and it appears to be
performing normally. We feel the system is stable and that it can go back
into normal use. Desire2Learn continues to monitor their hosting site and
we will continue to check for any alerts. A thorough investigation into
events will begin next week, in collaboration with D2L.

Thank you for your patience during this difficult time. And a huge thank
you from both me and Dave Wallace to everyone who pitched in to help
support students and professors, to communicate messages out, and to
support each other in these 3 very long days. We've learned a lot, and
while I never want to have to put it into action again, we will have much
better contingency plans in future!
Andrea