[Faccus] Update 10:45 am: Status of LEARN - site unavailable

chappell at uwaterloo.ca chappell at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jan 31 11:40:08 EST 2013

[Thu., Jan. 31, 10:45am]
Hello,
The latest news indicates that other clients are also experiencing the
slowness, and that specific clients (and we don't yet know if we are one
of them) will have data migrated to a different storage device. Later I
will send an update from a phone call Dave Wallace and I had with some D2L
executives. We will have short calls with the Deans over lunch hour to
discuss the situation.
Andrea

> [Thu., Jan. 31, 8:55am]
> Hello again,
> We reported to D2L the HTTP 500 errors and also that our system was very
slow. They know there is a problem and were working on it. We agreed it
was better to have the system unavailable than run with those problems.
We
> do not have a recovery time as yet, sorry.
> Andrea
>
>> [Thu., Jan. 31, D2L 7:45am update]
>> Hello,
>> Desire2Learn made our system available again and said we can "assume that
>> all work has been completed and that we have finished our verification
testing of your site". However, the support team is seeing errors (HTTP
500) and has had reports of problems logging in by students and faculty
members. The system is very slow. We will be talking to D2L about this
and
>> we will keep you updated as soon as we know more.
>> Andrea
>>> [Thu., Jan. 31, D2L 4:25am update]
>>> Hello,
>>> D2L sent an update at midnight, indicating that the process they had
anticipated finishing by then was 98% done, and that once it
completed,
>>> they would start verification.
>>> At 4:25am the update indicates a 2-3 hour process needed. It is a bit
confusing as to what this process is, except that it involves
migration
>>> of
>>> our data and files to the new configuration. They will provide a further
>>> status update upon completion, which could be 6:30 - 7:30am based on
their
>>> estimate.
>>> Andrea
Questions are arising individually about what will happen with
assignments
announcements in their courses to indicate any changes, so student
see
followed by a verification process.
Fefekos.