[Faccus] [UW-RT #270874] Update 3:30pm: Status of LEARN - site remains redirected, recovery time remains 6pm

Centre for Extended Learning General celgen at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jan 30 15:49:39 EST 2013

Wed Jan 30 15:49:38 2013: Request 270874 was acted upon.
Transaction: Ticket created by chappell
       Queue: ExtendedLearning
     Subject: Update 3:30pm: Status of LEARN - site remains redirected, recovery  time remains 6pm
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: andrea.chappell at uwaterloo.ca
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.uwaterloo.ca/Ticket/Display.html?id=270874 >

[3:30 update]
Hello,
The message from D2L remains the same, that the expected up-time is 6pm.
Thanks to Pat Lafranier for enlisting the help of Jonathan Woodcock to put
for now a "Help with LEARN" button on the pathways pages on the Waterloo
website, to point to our LEARN update page, maintained by Daspina Fefekos.
https://uwaterloo.ca/learn-help/

Our next update from D2L is expected at 6pm and I will send a message
again then.
Andrea

[12:30 update]
> (Apologies if you receive a second copy of this message. There appeared
> be a problem when I sent it the first time, and I want to make sure it
gets out.)

> Hello all,
> I'm afraid the news is not good. D2L reports that they have received new
devices at the hosted site, to fix the problem. There were to be
configuration changes expected to finish at noon which have not
completed.
> They expect it to be completed by 6pm ET, which seems to imply that is
when we will be back up. Our next update from D2L will be at 3:00pm.
Unless we hear anything more before then, that will be the time of our
next update.
> Andrea
>

>> Hello everyone,
>> We asked D2L to redirect our site to a page that says the system is
> unavailable. We have not had an update since the message at 8:07am, so
still anticipate the system to be back by noon. We have asked that the
redirect page provide updated information, but cannot guarantee it.
>> We will let you know as more information comes in.
>> Andrea
>>> Hello,
>>> We have heard from Desire2Learn (8:07am) and have done some testing of
>> our
>>> own. According to D2L, they have "partially implemented" their
> solution.
>> They caution that some sites may still see impacts. They "anticipate
> steady improvement to normal performance" by noon today.
>>> From our tests, Waterloo LEARN seems to be very slow for login and for
>> accessing files. (At about 7am it was performing well, but is not now.)
>>> We will keep you apprised as we hear more. Our sincere apologies for
>> this
>>> significant interruption. We will be pursuing detailed explanations
> from
>> D2L.
>>> Regards,
>>> Andrea