[Faccus] [UW-RT #270645] Update: Status of Waterloo LEARN - site redirected to info page

Centre for Extended Learning General celgen at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jan 30 10:24:20 EST 2013

Wed Jan 30 10:24:20 2013: Request 270645 was acted upon.
Transaction: Ticket created by chappell
       Queue: ExtendedLearning
     Subject: Update: Status of Waterloo LEARN - site redirected to info page
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: andrea.chappell at uwaterloo.ca
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.uwaterloo.ca/Ticket/Display.html?id=270645 >

Hello everyone,
We asked D2L to redirect our site to a page that says the system is
unavailable. We have not had an update since the message at 8:07am, so
still anticipate the system to be back by noon. We have asked that the
redirect page provide updated information, but cannot guarantee it.

We will let you know as more information comes in.
Andrea

> Hello,
> We have heard from Desire2Learn (8:07am) and have done some testing of
our
> own. According to D2L, they have "partially implemented" their solution.
They caution that some sites may still see impacts. They "anticipate
steady improvement to normal performance" by noon today.

> From our tests, Waterloo LEARN seems to be very slow for login and for
accessing files. (At about 7am it was performing well, but is not now.)

> We will keep you apprised as we hear more. Our sincere apologies for
this
> significant interruption. We will be pursuing detailed explanations from
D2L.