[Faccus] Update 12:30pm: Status of LEARN - site remains redirected, revised recovery time 6pm

chappell at uwaterloo.ca chappell at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jan 30 12:56:35 EST 2013

(Apologies if you receive a second copy of this message. There appeared to
be a problem when I sent it the first time, and I want to make sure it
gets out.)

Hello all,
I'm afraid the news is not good. D2L reports that they have received new
devices at the hosted site, to fix the problem. There were to be
configuration changes expected to finish at noon which have not completed.
They expect it to be completed by 6pm ET, which seems to imply that is
when we will be back up. Our next update from D2L will be at 3:00pm.
Unless we hear anything more before then, that will be the time of our
next update.
Andrea

> Hello everyone,
> We asked D2L to redirect our site to a page that says the system is
unavailable. We have not had an update since the message at 8:07am, so
still anticipate the system to be back by noon. We have asked that the
redirect page provide updated information, but cannot guarantee it.
> We will let you know as more information comes in.
> Andrea
>> Hello,
>> We have heard from Desire2Learn (8:07am) and have done some testing of
> our
>> own. According to D2L, they have "partially implemented" their
solution.
> They caution that some sites may still see impacts. They "anticipate
steady improvement to normal performance" by noon today.