[Faccus] Status of Waterloo LEARN - still have performance problems

chappell at uwaterloo.ca chappell at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jan 30 08:49:07 EST 2013

Hello,
As most of your are likely aware, LEARN has been having significant access
and performance problems since yesterday at 3:25pm. FACCUS was not on our
communications fan-out (though the CTE Liaisons in your Faculties have
been). We will make sure that we include the Faculty IT areas, and I
suspect FACCUS may be the best forum for that.

We heard from Desire2Learn (8:07am) and have done some testing of our own.
According to D2L, they have "partially implemented" their solution. They
caution that some sites may still see impacts. They "anticipate steady
improvement to normal performance" by noon today.