Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Nov 27 16:40:40 EST 2012

Topic:     Transforming IT in the 21st century through Communications, Leadership, and Openness
Date:      Friday November 30, 2012
Time:      9:00 am to 9:45 am
Room:      MC 2009
Speakers:  Natalie Cockburn, Greg Smith

What are the up-and-coming trends in Higher Education IT?  How can we be ahead of the fast-moving IT curve?  Come and share in our learning from the EDUCAUSE 2012 Annual Conference<http://www.educause.edu/annual-conference> in Denver.  Key themes that we will discuss are Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), building communications capacity, Mobile frameworks and platforms, openness and leadership as enablers of positive change, and the growing focus on business/student needs as a driver of IT projects.

Office: Math and Computer Building, Room 2010
Phone: (519) 888-4567, x32194
Fax: (519) 888-4331
Email: bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca