[Faccus] Reminder: sharepoint.uwaterloo.ca changing to Nexus authentication Nov 13th
pllafranier at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 12 11:16:42 EST 2012
We would like to remind you about tomorrow morning's SharePoint change to Nexus authentication. Please remind SharePoint users in your area as well.
Updated information is available at http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/Sharepoint-Nexus/.
From: Pat Lafranier
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 8:26 AM
To: 'isthd at lists.uwaterloo.ca'; ist-staff at lists.uwaterloo.ca; admin-support at lists.uwaterloo.ca; 'faccus at lists.uwaterloo.ca' (faccus at lists.uwaterloo.ca); ctsc at lists.uwaterloo.ca
Cc: 'bulletin at uwaterloo.ca' (bulletin at uwaterloo.ca)
Subject: sharepoint.uwaterloo.ca changing to Nexus authentication Nov 13th
On Tuesday, November 13th, our last major IT service called SharePoint will switch over to use your Nexus account and password.
Who may be affected? Anyone using a central SharePoint site (sharepoint.uwaterloo.ca/sites<http://sharepoint.uwaterloo.ca/sites/>/...) so please distribute this notice to your area.
When: Tuesday, November 13 from 7:45am-8:15am (30 minutes downtime)
What do I need to do?
1. Monday, November 12th (the day before). If you do not shut down your computer before you go home, please close any browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox..) that have been using SharePoint. If unsure, close all.
2. Tuesday, November 13th. If you are an early riser and plan to use SharePoint, you need to close your browser by 7:45am.
3. You can start using SharePoint after 8:15am.
4. For a Waterloo-managed computer (aka 'managed Windows Nexus machine'), you will no longer need to login to SharePoint.
5. If you do get prompted to login, please prefix your userid with nexus\ (the slash above the Enter key). For example, nexus\jjones
6. If you have any SharePoint documentation, please update with this change.
More information or assistance?
* If you have any questions before the change, please contact the IST Helpdesk x84357, helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca>.
* If you cannot access your SharePoint site(s) after the change, please contact your computer support person or IST's CHIP<http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/cs/chip/> Helpdesk x84357, MC 1052, helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca>.
* Please check the IST Notice Board<http://ist.uwaterloo.ca> for updated information.
* Trouble-shooting information for computer support staff.<http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/Sharepoint-Nexus/>
Pat Lafranier, Client Services
Information Systems & Technology
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Faccus