[Faccus] NETWORK ALERT - 2012-11-2 - Routing issue

sbourque at uwaterloo.ca sbourque at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Nov 2 14:39:17 EDT 2012

Date: (YYYY-MM-DD)     2012-11-2

Start Time:              14:30

End Time:

Impact:           External Connectivity

Resolution:

Submitted By: sbourque at uwaterloo.ca

Comment:        There appears to be a routing issue occurring beyond the university's network.

Access to many remote sites is not available.

We are currently investigating to locate the source of the problem.
Traffic is terminating at an off campus address in one of our providers network. Attempting to route all traffic through another provider demonstrated the same results.

No ETA is offered at this time

--
Steven

Notice Submitted:    Fri Nov 2 14:39:17 EDT 2012

Note:   If you have any questions or concerns please contact the IST Help Desk at ext: 84357 or helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca