[Faccus] reminder: IT services moving to Nexus on Wed Sept 19th
pllafranier at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Sep 18 16:44:16 EDT 2012
Friendly reminder that the following services are moving to Nexus tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. Although we have communicated this change in advance, we anticipate users encountering problems. Thank you helpdesk staff and all those who are spreading the word!
The webpage http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/nexus-auth-change/ can be your resource page and will continue to be updated as required. There's also a link from the IST homepage<http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/>.
Pat Lafranier, IST
From: Pat Lafranier
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:16 PM
To: 'faccus at lists.uwaterloo.ca' (faccus at lists.uwaterloo.ca); admin-support at lists.uwaterloo.ca; 'isthd at lists.uwaterloo.ca'; ist-staff at lists.uwaterloo.ca; 'ctsc at list.uwaterloo.ca'; 'ucist at lists.uwaterloo.ca'
Cc: 'bulletin at uwaterloo.ca' (bulletin at uwaterloo.ca)
Subject: You may need to change your password in WatIAM
What's happening? The following campus IT services are switching over to use your Nexus account and password.
* Eduroam (wireless)
* uw-unsecured (wireless)
* Central Authentication Service (CAS)
(Currently, these services use your ADS<http://windows.uwaterloo.ca/ADS.asp> account password.)
Who may be affected: Faculty, staff and students
When: Wednesday, September 19, 2012
What do I need to do?
* If you have changed your password in WatIAM within the last 18 months, you should be fine. (Since November 2010 a password change in WatIAM changed both your ADS and Nexus password.) No need to read further.
* If your password is older, then you need to set your password in WatIAM<http://watiam.uwaterloo.ca/search/> BEFORE September 19th to avoid problems. If your mobile device and/or computer (e.g. laptop, iPad) connects to the wireless network using your saved userid and password then you will need to update your password on those devices as well.
More information or assistance?
* CHIP<http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/cs/chip/> in MC 1052, x84357, helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca>
* Faculty Helpdesks<http://strobe.uwaterloo.ca/ist/services/index.php?service=74>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Faccus