[Faccus] preparing announcement for campus firewall project

Bruce Campbell bruce at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Sep 7 14:43:36 EDT 2012

(sorry for cross posting and those of you getting this twice... and
this may not be the last time)

We are working on an announcement to the campus community
on the border firewall project.  The draft is here:

  https://strobe.uwaterloo.ca/~twiki/bin/view/ISTNS/CampusFirewallInformation

We still may make some adjustments, and then hope to have an
item in an upcoming Daily Bulletin about it.

Please note this section

>...we welcome and encourage your questions and feedback, you are
>welcome to contact members of the project team, or your regular IT
>support staff, who can relay questions to the team.

which means campus IT staff ideally are aware of the announcement
before it hits the daily bulletin.   I will try to announce to a number of
IT related e-mail lists before the DB announcement.

--
Bruce Campbell
Director, Network Services