Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Sep 4 14:54:49 EDT 2012

Topics:    Topic One: UW File Transfer Service
           Topic Two: Nexus Migration
Date:      Friday September 7, 2012
Time:      9:00 am to 9:45 am
Room:      MC 2009
Speakers:  Jason Giles, Manfred Grisebach

Sendit<http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/sendit/> is a service for transferring files when email is not appropriate, whether because of file size, file type or concerns over security. Jason will spend the first 20 minutes of this seminar talking about how Sendit is implemented and talk about experiences to date.
In the second topic, from approximately 9:20 am to 9:40 am,  Manfred will provide an update about the Nexus migration. Many of our clients in academic support departments have been moved from ADS to Nexus this summer, and this will continue in the Fall term until it is completed. This means we will end up with one Active Directory, called  Nexus. This directory will contain all users on campus, and will be used to manage access to many services. Manfred will explain why Wednesday September 19th will be a special day as many IT services will be switching over to your Nexus account and password.<http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/nexus-auth-change/>

Office: Math and Computer Building, Room 2010
Phone: (519) 888-4567, x32194
Fax: (519) 888-4331
Email: bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca